Friday, April 06, 2012

South America Calling

South America has been calling me for a while. A long long while. And Europe has just intensified this feeling of discovering that beautiful continent.

At a UNAWE workshop last week on using astronomy to inspire children, I met a lovely spirit: Peeli

She taught me this:
Tierra mi Cuerpo, Agua mi Sangre, Aire mi Aliento, Fuego mi EspĂ­ritu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp5I07QmgOs

It means:
Earth is my body, Water is my blood, Air is my breath, Fire is my spirit

It's really mind blowing how these specific elements come again and again and again and go right back, back to the beginning. These elements that make us.

Only the sky is missing :)

No comments:

The irony of the relationship between technology and idleness

One of the purposes of everyday technology (mobiles, laptops, etc.) is to make us more efficient. But we rarely use our 'freed up&...