Thursday, November 25, 2010

Two Firsts

Two firsts this week:

1. First live concert in Europe!



The train ride on the way there was most entertaining because the Heineken Music Hall is right next to the arena where a match between Ajax and Real Madrid was being played. So the metro was filled with loud, happy Dutch men screaming. I didn't get to take my camera in, so I used my phone to take this video :)
I realized I'm more obsessed with documenting than I am with enjoying. I think it's because I want everyone at home (yes, you and you and you) to experience EVERYTHING I am experiencing. I miss everyone so much.

2. A Thanksgiving dinner in K-Straat!
Although I didn't really go for the dinner because I was pretending to study, I crashed the after dinner clear-up and ate some yummy pumpkin pie and drank some gluvine. I also heard what everyone thinks of Christmas :) Same as we at home think about Diwali -- it's a community festival more than a religious one. But it was nice to hear about how Christmas is spent in Australia and Canada and America and Croatia :)

1 comment:

Snigdha Manchanda said...

"I realized I'm more obsessed with documenting than I am with enjoying. I think it's because I want everyone at home (yes, you and you and you) to experience EVERYTHING I am experiencing."

Hahaha...I'm most satisfied with my lifelong subscription of your photos and blog. It's the best gift from you! Miss you missy :)

The irony of the relationship between technology and idleness

One of the purposes of everyday technology (mobiles, laptops, etc.) is to make us more efficient. But we rarely use our 'freed up&...