Sunday, March 08, 2009

beaches

every time i think about the past few days, a deep sadness fills my heart and tears fill my eyes. the truth is i don't know how to be anything but close friends with you. or at least the change is going to near-kill me. how could i possibly demote the importance of you in my life. it sounds preposterous.

i don't care if i like you, because i love you
and love is greater than like. from whichever angle you look at it.

i want you there, close (not casual) to me
when i get married and/or zero in on my life partner
when i have my first child
when i start my first company
when my parents get old
when i buy my farmhouse
when i travel to exotic places and am bursting with stories
when my life falls apart
and after i've got it back together
when i become an addict
when i want to sing aloud
and laugh till i drop
when i become a politician
and finally when i die

and i want to be close to you
close, not casual
involved, not informed

(i have been married to three things in my life (or the 27 years of it so far)-- veena, work (crimson), and you. if i can break one of them, i can surely understand why you can break the other - we gotta do what we gotta do. irrespective of how cruel it may seem at the time, or preposterous)

No comments:

The irony of the relationship between technology and idleness

One of the purposes of everyday technology (mobiles, laptops, etc.) is to make us more efficient. But we rarely use our 'freed up&...