Tuesday, November 09, 2004

jayasree

Dear Johny and Varsha, I came back home from England on the 30th of September. Ever since I came back, I have been suffering from one ailment after another, characteristic of old age. You know I am 80 years old. The present sickness is cervical spondilosis and vertigo. I always wear a collar around my neck. I cannot lie down at ease for when once I am on the bed, the whole head together with the bed appears rotating. I have to hold firmly on something, so that I should not fall down. I am fed up of this place and wish to go back to England to live with my son Raju, when once I feel better and am able to travel.

I remember sending an e-mail to you from England regretting my inability to be present in Bangalore for the wedding and congratulating Nikita and her bridegroom. Where are they now? Are they in Bangalore or in Mumbai? I extend my good wishes for a happy Diwali to you, Johny, Varsha, Nikita, Manas, Jayasree and Chirag. What is Jayasree doing now? Has she finished her education?

In England Raju is well with his family and Rani and Jonathan at Harvard are also doing well. Raju's son Mon is in his final year for the first degree in Cambridge. He was in MIT, Boston last year for an exchange programme and returned to Cambridge in September. That is all for the time being.Very sincerely George.

No comments:

The irony of the relationship between technology and idleness

One of the purposes of everyday technology (mobiles, laptops, etc.) is to make us more efficient. But we rarely use our 'freed up&...